I may be five years away from the big three-oh, but a series of events over the weekend–a wedding, drinking with someone born in 1996, an ex-whatever now officially practicing his profession 6 years after, getting sick after 2 nights of puyat (because apparently, my body can’t take it)–made me realize I have to embrace what is to come. Nothing wrong with wanting to be wiser and hopefully, looking forward to a stable future.
That said, I ran into an interesting 30 things before 30 list. Let’s see what’s left to do, so far:
One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come.
2. A decent piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in your family.
3. Something perfect to wear if the employer or man of your dreams wants to see you in an hour.
4. A purse, a suitcase, and an umbrella you’re not ashamed to be seen carrying.
5. A youth you’re content to move beyond.
6. A past juicy enough that you’re looking forward to retelling it in your old age.
7. The realization that you are actually going to have an old age — and some money set aside to help fund it.
An email address, a voice mailbox, and a bank account — all of which nobody has access to but you.
A résumé that is not even the slightest bit padded.
One friend who always makes you laugh and one who lets you cry. I’ve got more than one, thankfully 😉
11. A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra.
12. Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
13. The belief that you deserve it.
14. A skin-care regimen, an exercise routine, and a plan for dealing with those few other facets of life that don’t get better after 30.
15. A solid start on a satisfying career,
a satisfying relationship, and all those other facets of life that do get better.
I’ve got a long way to go, but it doesn’t feel like my early 20s, when these seemed almost impossible 😉