The weekend is only a day away, so here are a few things from the week so far that I’m thankful and not-so-grateful for. This post is inspired by NY Magazine’s Gossip Girl recap.
- Less idiots on the train this morning. It’s a miracle I was able to get to the last station without people pushing in while I was getting out.
- The right fusion of theme, story, and character development in yesterday’s episode of Glee. The slumber party scene got the single syndrome thing down, and is an awesome thing to give for Valentine’s. Mercedes needs more lines. Firework was also a nice touch, but Rachel’s voice didn’t quite nail it.
- Living in Manila, especially after finding out the toll rate to Alabang will be Php 169 in May.
- The courage and persistence to edit and finish my article.
- Less than Php 50 meals by the condo.
- That broom worth Php 80 from Shopwise.
- My ability to finally budget effectively.
- The Senate Office. And no, not for what you’ve seen on the news. This is work related. They helped me get closer to nailing a ‘deadline.’
No thanks to:
- Idiots on the train.
- Increased jeepney fare.
- Serena Van Der Woodsen being unbearably unbearable. Seriously, I’m getting more annoyed with her never making up her mind, ignoring her family, and forever feeling entitled.
- People saying you’re not making a deadline when you’ve already done your part. You’re just waiting for everyone else to do their part of the job.
- Tina’s crying number. Jenna U is such a talented singer. Why waste it on a slapstick gimmick?
- The reality of inflation without a minimum wage increase.